- Faculty/Student/Staff Only
- RSVP Required
Join us for the inaugural meeting of the Arctic and Antarctic Research Group hosted by LISD. Our event will provide an introduction to the speaker and research program for Spring and Summer 2022.
We will consider relevant issues concerning the Arctic Region and the Continent of Antarctica, and the respective surroundings:
- Arctic Security
- Environmental Challenges/Sea Level Change
- China's Belt & Road Initiative
- Natural Resources
- Maritime Routes and Trade
- Relevant Organizational Structures
- National Interests
- Demography and Populations
- Dr. Lawson Brigham, Captain, US Coast Guard (retired); Distinguished Professor of Geography and Arctic Policy, University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Knut Hammarskjöld, President, Human Identity (ETHID); Chief Executive Officer, Cerebra Gaming and Research Labs, Inc.
- Prof. Tomas Ries, Associate Professor and Senior Lecturer, National Defense College, Stockholm, Sweden
If you would like more information, please take a look at these recent Arctic focused pieces:
*IMPORTANT: Princeton students, faculty, and staff who are permitted on campus are welcome to attend the event in person in the Cyril Black Conference Room, 019 Bendheim Hall. Due to Princeton University Covid restrictions, we are obligated to keep a record of every person that attends. Therefore, in order to attend the event in person, you must RSVP.
Lunch will be provided.
There will be a Zoom link provided for those who RSVP and would like to join remotely.